- The Man has gone back to work. We miss him, but you know. Keeping democracy safe is a full time job. (I still think he ought to be allowed to work from home.)
- I like peaches on my waffles.
Buttermilk Waffles (from the 1975 edition of Farm Journal’s Country Cookbook)
2 cups sifted flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups buttermilk
1 cup melted butter (yes, that’s one cup)
Sift together dry ingredients in a large bowl. In separate bowl, beat eggs until fluffy, then stir in buttermilk. Add the milk and egg mixture all at once to dry ingredients. Beat at high speed just enough to moisten dry ingredients. Stir in the butter, then bake according to your waffle iron’s instructions. These waffles are amazingly similar to The Best Pancakes He’s Ever Had, so if you don’t have a waffle iron, make the pancakes instead. They’re delicious.
- Anemone and I have been down with the flu for the past several days. We were on the mend, but then The Man brought home news that put us both back in bed.
- He has orders to Hawaii.
- Somehow I tripped over Elizabeth Esther’s Saturday Evening Blog Post, in which everyone is supposed to promote her favorite blog post from the last month. I submitted An Old Wrong Righted because it made The Man laugh. Plus I talked about my underwear. Can’t go wrong with that, right?
- I took The Goobs to the South Carolina Confederate Relic Room and Military Museum and didn’t make them write a report afterwards. That was a big deal for me.
- Hold on a minute! I’m moving to Hawaii!
- I’m supposed to be Walking Across America right now, but I’m a slacker. Don’t worry, I’ll catch up during my quest to develop a beach body by February. Ha! Hahahahahahahaha!