I’ve been a bad blogger. Forgive me. Or don’t. Whatever.
Here are a few reasons I haven’t been online lately:
- We Moved: We are a military family (have I mentioned that?) and we live on a military installation. Our terrible, awful, moldy, smelly, ugly quarters are being torn down — yay! — to make way for nice, clean, up-to-code, non-moldy new ones, so we had to move out. Luckily we were able to get another (larger) unit down the road, so moving was just a matter of packing up and switching the phone line. Still, it is a large job and we are not finished yet.
- We Had Guests: – My parents came to help us get settled in the new house (meaning, they came to protect the children by keeping them out of my way) and of course after working all day I would rather visit with them than blog about the dog hair I found behind the bookshelves that afternoon. I’m sure you understand, and I’m sure you are relieved.
- Children’s Activities: Of course, life does not stop when one is moving into a new neighborhood. We still had dance, drama, homeschool group activities, and Boy Scouts to deal with. They keep getting more and more involved with their groups as time goes on. I’m happy for them, but it really wrecks my schedule.
- Knitting: Since my free time has been drastically reduced as of late, I have to be more selective in which hobby I pursue. Blogging or knitting? Knitting or reading? Since I can’t talk to my mom and read at the same time, I had to choose knitting. Pictures of finished objects coming soon. You will be amazed. Well, maybe not amazed, but something close to it, I’m sure.
- Homeschool Group: This year I’ve decided to get a little more involved with our local homeschool group. I’m not usually a joiner, but it turns out I like hanging with fellow homeschoolers. They get it, even when they don’t. We’ve been going to meetings and field trips and classes and park days and social gatherings. I’m even teaching crochet and knitting classes once a week. How freaking cool is that? I love it. A little boy accidentally crocheted a pumpkin during our last class, and it made my day. His, too.
- Sore Muscles: My back hurts. My neck hurts. My shoulder hurts. I stubbed my toe. I fell down the stairs. I got run over by a shopping cart. All I wanted to do at the end of each day was lie around with a vodka tonic and my knitting (most of which had to be ripped out the next day, but that’s all right).
- Lack of Internet Service: ‘Nuff said.
Okay, most of those reasons should really be under the “moving” heading, but if I did that this would be a pretty short post, especially since I don’t have any pictures. Okay, I’m lying. I have pictures. I just don’t feel like posting any. But, since I know Tressa will complain loudly and bitterly if I don’t post one, I will leave you with a picture from the family farm. (I will blog about it eventually, really I will.)